Calculating Your Keto Macros To Lose Weight
Use THIS WEBSITE to calculate your macros. Click HERE.
- I use US Customary.
- Type in gender, age, weight & height.
- For active lifestyle, put in sedentary unless you are a bodybuilder or elite athlete. This will skew your protein otherwise.
- Body Fat – put in 30% if you are average or 35% if you are obese or morbidly obese.
- Net Carbs – 20
- Use moderate reduction.
In my 50 lb keto weight loss, I use macros two ways:
- When I was new. I calculated my macros for the first week or so when I was getting used to how much fat I needed to consume and realistic portion sizes.
- When I stall in my weight loss. I go back to strictly counting if I’m on a stall to see if my portions and fat amounts are still accurate.
We all have different personality styles. Some styles lend themselves to hardcore tracking & needing that. Some personality styles lend themselves to be easy-breezy. Know yourself well enough to set yourself up for success for what YOU would like best and what would be best for the long-term haul. You figure out what is best with your personality style. Carb Buddy is awesome to track with. I use Fitness Pal and in my head do Net Carbs since the app doesn’t do net carbs (carb [-minus-] fiber).
I do count Net Carbs, which are carbs – fiber.
I count keto approved veggies in my macros.
[ ] Interested in more hand holding? Join our VIP group today! Click HERE to register for VIP.