Clutch your pearls for the BEST low carb tortilla recipes you will taste….and get this, it is SO EASY to make! I have made a lot of low carb reipes and I jazz-handing the keto recipe below. And only 3 net carbs!
(Friends: The links in this post are affiliate links. Countess of Low Carb & her furbabies will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links. Read our disclosure policy here. This post is sponsored and I did receive free product to test.)
LOW CARB TORTILLA RECIPES
I have been on a quest to find the BEST tasting low carb tortilla recipes that were easy to cook and low carb. I am excited to say that Uno Casa Tortilla Press helped me end my quest for the best tortillas for keto mexican food!
(Can I get an ah-men from my fellow mamas who have been on this quest too?!)
I have done this recipe without using a tortilla press. The Uno Casa Tortilla Press works well and much better than a rolling pin because it is manufactured from high-grade preseasoned cast iron. It is the ideal kitchen companion for making low carb tortillas, keto quesadillas, low carb tacos or keto empanadas.
The sturdy construction of the Uno Casa Tortilla Press allows you to turn out perfectly shaped tortillas every time, and it’s easy to clean and maintain. You can cook with the Uno Casa Tortilla press soon as it’s delivered. In addition, the pre-seasoned Uno Casa tortilla maker also includes 100 pieces of parchment paper to place between the cast iron and the dough.
LOW CARB INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 3 teaspoons of crush pork rinds or Pork Panko
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- Avocado spray or cooking spray
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Uno Casa Tortilla Press
1. Mix dry ingredients of almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, rushed pork rinds and pink salt together.
2. After the dry ingredients are mixed together, mix in apple cider vinegar and water. Use a mixer or vigorously mix by hand with spatula.
3. Add in the egg and egg white to the mixture. Use a mixer or vigorously mix by hand with spatula to make a dough ball.
4. Use plastic wrap to wrap the dough ball.5. For immediate cooking – put into the freezer for 20 minutes. For best results, take the dough ball and put into the fridge overnight for the pork rinds to adjust in the dough mix. Once the dough ball has had a snooze in your fridge, simply put the dough ball into the freezer for 10 minutes prior to cooking.
6. Take a skillet and warm up on medium heat.
7. While the skillet is warming, roll out 1 inch dough balls. Put the 1 inch dough balls into between parchment paper and press 1 inch ball in the Uno Casa Tortilla Press. Simply squeeze down to make your tortilla shape.
8. Take water to test the skillet. If the water droplets immediately sizzle and evaporate, spray in your avocado spray.
9. Put down tortilla and cook for 30-60 seconds. Be mindful of your spatula as to not crumble your tortilla.
10. Flip and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
11. Eat right away and enjoy!
12. Your dough balls will last 3 days in the fridge. You can freeze dough balls for up to 3 months if you want to do batch keto meal prep.
WATCH LOW CARB RECIPE ON YOUTUBE: